February 7, 2011

If You Read One Series This Year...

 After putting off beginning the series for quite a few months, I can happily say I have finished The Hunger Games trilogy! And, I'm sure most of you have heard many good things about the books, and I can promise you, it didn't disappoint! I cried through each book (I get emotional about characters.. who doesn't?) and I was pleasantly surprised at the series themselves.

I guess I had thought I was done with the "kid-lit" books in my life, being 24 now, which is perhaps why I put off reading the books for so long. But then I finished the first one (bought from Brookline Booksmith).

And instantly bought the next two in the series, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, on my Kindle, so I could start reading them without a moment's hesitation.

And I didn't stop until I finished. Weeping into the last pages, of course.

I have recommended the series to everyone I know. Seriously, one of the best series I've read in a while (and, in my opnion, far superior in every way to the Twilight series!)

(No offense, Robert Pattinson, I still adore you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment