February 5, 2010

Sweet Little Lies

Tonight, at the Prudential Barnes & Noble in Boston, I stood in line for over an hour to have actress-turned-author Lauren Conrad sign a copy of her newest book "Sweet Little Lies," the second in her L.A. Candy series. Truthfully, I originally went to get the autograph for a good friend who was a huge friend of L.C. and I'm guilty of not having read her first novel.

However, Lauren herself was lovely. I was near the end of the line, so I'm sure she must have been getting tired at that point. Still, she asked me how I was doing when I came up for my book to be signed, and I asked her if her hand was feeling like it was ready to fall off yet,  and she replied, 'Actually, I'm doing pretty good.. but I do have a papercut from the books!" and held up her wrist to show me. So celebrities are normal people after all.. who knew?

And, as an added bonus, I get to make a good friend's day with LC's signed book.. and that makes it worth the wait in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment