March 11, 2010

Italy, where they drive on the sidewalk

Tonight I went to the Boston Public Library to see Frances Mayes speak. She is probably most well-known for her book Under The Tuscan Sun, made famous by the movie version starring Diane Lane. Frances has owned her house in Italy for over 20 years now, and has actually bought a second home in Italy, and lives there about five months of the year.

I can't even imagine owning my own home in the U.S. right now, much less in a foreign country! However, I am very envious. I spent two months doing a study abroad in Italy, and I have been trying my best to find a way back! For right now, the closes I'm going to get is to read is her other books on life in Italy: In Tuscany, Bella Tuscany, and her newest book, Every Day in Tuscany: Seasons of an Italian Life

No comments:

Post a Comment