May 20, 2010



So I picked up two new books (alas, not from my reading list - these ones were on sale at Borders, since I still have not found a summer job yet haha) and one I enjoyed both of them. Both books were by authors I had previously read, so I had high expectations for these books. The books, The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen, and Body Surfing by Anita Shreve, did not meet these expectations, as their other books have. Allen's Garden Spells was much more enchanting, though both books had the same elements of families who had a certain gift passed down from generation to generation, and a magicalness that followed certain characters. With Body Surfing, the paragraphs were kept short and choppy throughout much of the book, making it harder to read and lose myself in. I would recommend these authors in a heartbeat, but perhaps not these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment